The European Commission has updated the planned implementation timelines for the gradual introduction of the corresponding modules.
The actor registration module went live on December 1, 2020. Until the more recent past, the UDI/ device registration module was planned to go live in May 2021. This date has been postponed. The European Commission informed on its website that the UDI/ device registration module and the module on certificates and Notified Bodies will be available as of September 2021.
Source: European Commission
To receive further information on this subject, please notice the following articles and content on our website
- MDCG guidance on administrative practices and technical alternatives until EUDAMED full functionality
- Voluntary registration with EUDAMED database – industry fears duplicate registrations
- New website on actor registration in EUDAMED 3 available
- Device Registration and Legacy Devices
- Major aspects of the MDR
- Most important changes on MDR